vendredi 10 février 2012

Generations actress Nambitha's big day with the kids


10 FÉVR. 2012 | MCELWA NCHABELENG

"My grandmother was my first mother ... my all-time mother. These kids are also being raised by their grannies. The fact that their parents died of HIV-Aids is more reason to give them a day of joy."



KIND: Nambitha Mpumlwana


NAMBITHA Mpumlwana's character in Generations, Mawande's unquestionable love for her two children and generosity, has endeared her to viewers of this popular SABC1 soapie.

Additionally, her affection for her newly found niece, Akhona, is also unquestionable, despite much objection from Mawande's jealous daughter, Noluntu.

Mawande, a tough-minded media mogul, strives for a close-knitted and happy family.

This is the same social quality that this veteran television, movie and theatre star is expected to project into reality tomorrow when she hosts a group of HIV-Aids orphaned children under the care of their grandparents from different families in Alexandra to celebrate her birthday.

Mpumlwana turns 45 on Sunday, but she decided to bring the event forward to enable her to spend ample time with the kids.

The event, which starts at 1pm, will be held at Atlas Studios in Milpark, Johannesburg.

"I am throwing yet another celebratory gathering in honour of these HIV-Aids infected and affected orphaned children," said the unpretentious actress, who has organised this event since 2008.

"I share this special day with these kids who are taken care of by their grandmothers.

"My grandmother was my first mother ... my all-time mother. These kids are also being raised by their grannies. The fact that their parents died of HIV-Aids is more reason to give them a day of joy."

Mpumlwana was raised by her grandmother while her mother was in exile.

"When my mother returned I continued to call my granny mother and my real mother sister. This continued until somebody told me the person I called my sister is in fact my biological mother," she said.

Her beloved grandmother passed on in 2009.

Mpumlwana's charity organisation, Bridging to Dawn, has introduced the affected children to the corporate environments, through placements in partnership with Rycob.

She urged people to come and support the cause and contribute to better lives for the children.

"Give them some little joyous memories that may be indelible in their lives and, who knows, your presence may even touch and change a child's life," she said.

"Please come along and share this joy with us. I am asking you to bring only three things: your happy self; clothes, toys, canned goods, or any appliances that you are no longer using; and an open heart ready to receive the blessings that will be poured down in that place."

Musicians Swazi Dlamini, Given Mabena, Speedy, Sibongile Ngoma and Pepsi, as well as the Gauteng department of community safety, are also part of the initiative.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire